Sunday, June 7, 2009

School year is coming to an end

It's that time of year again, the kids have one more week of school. It is also my last week with baby Emma for summer break. The kids are getting excited and I am just trying to find ways to keep them busy. Chandler is signed up for day camps throughout the summer, Tristan is leaving to go visit his family that live in Louisiana for a couple of weeks and Sophie will want to spend her days outside... as usual.

Tristan had his end of the year band concert at Busch gardens in Williamsburg Friday , when they were done playing they rode all the roller coasters. He was so excited. He took pictures of every ride and was sending it to my phone. He must take after me. Roland and I love riding them. I am excited ,when we go now he will be able to ride them with us.

Roland and I took the kids to Old town Alexandria on Saturday , we walked around the water front. It is so charming there, I wish we could live there!! I think it is my new favorite place...luckily it isn't too far. After that we shot up to DC to go to the Smithsonian, it was so crowded though.

I forgot my camera and was so BUMMED, we would of taken some cute pictures that day.

Our neighbors came over for dinner when we got home and we spent the rest of the evening talking. They left around 1 am and Sophie woke up at 5:30 so needless to say I am exhausted. Funny, seeing as how she sleeps till 10:00 during the week and 9ish usually on weekends. I told Roland today, it's like she knows when I stay up late- happens every time.

Chandler is sick with a stomach bug and will more than likely miss school tomorrow. She has had a fever since last night. Hopefully no one else gets it. I spent the day cleaning and spraying Lysol on everything!

Chandler is having an end of the year Luau with all her school friends here on Sat night, she is so excited. I will be busy this week making sure everything is perfect for it. I think Pam is coming over this weekend too. She moved to Baltimore, so she is close now. For those of you that don't know Pam , she is a friend from NC that lived next door to us.

Well Army Wives is coming on soon, first show of the season and I love it!! I'm going to go curl up in bed and get ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I am a mommy to three amazing children that fill my life with joy every day. I am writing this blog to share my daily thoughts and happenings of the children with family while we are stationed in Virginia. Hope you enjoy reading.