Friday, February 20, 2009

It's almost spring

I am sitting here looking out the window... the sun is shining today and it is rather windy, I would rather stay inside on days like this. It is about 40. Sophie is napping but will probably be up soon seeing she has been asleep for 4 hours. It sounds like a long time but she didn't sleep last night.

I can't wait for spring when the tulips and daffodils start to sprout up everywhere. That is when I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was pulling in to Mc Donalds last week and saw the start of what looked like a daffodil...what a sight! The grass becomes the beautiful thick green again and we run out and buy our hanging fern baskets to put on the front porch. I don't even care that the birds are going to poop all over the porch and try to ruin the ferns by making nests in them, even though I have a house hanging up for them.

The grill is ready to go and we can't wait to fill it with steaks and chicken and drink some Bud Lite Lime while grilling out. The backyard is usually filled with the neighborhood kids running around and jumping on the trampoline. Sophie stands beside daddy trying to help with the grilling and yelling down to the big kids from the deck. The days will get longer and warmer and mommy gets happier:) Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I am a mommy to three amazing children that fill my life with joy every day. I am writing this blog to share my daily thoughts and happenings of the children with family while we are stationed in Virginia. Hope you enjoy reading.